As the end of the month approaches, all we we do is to plan how we’re going to spend our next salary. Clothes, outing, makeup, food, everything is on our checklist. But as soon as the salary arrives, POOF! it is gone..
We spend a lot of fortune of uneccessary things but tend to neglect some very important things that we should make a priority. Our face, hands and nails are the most exposed areas in the sun. We dont realise it much but it creates a downhill spiral with all the sweat we get on our body and hair as well.
Our face, as compared to other areas of the body, gets more attention. Obviously, it is the most noticed thing (or at least we assume it is). But the fact is, along with your face, your hair are equally noticed too!. Now, the question is, do we take care of our hair as much as we do for our face? Mostly, No!. But its never too late!
These summers, help your hair survive the heat with these all-natural hair masks and make them look great!. DIY hair masks are the easiest way to keep your hair strong, shiny, and soft all summer long!
The Easiest Do-It-Yourself Masks You Can Try!
1. If You Have An Itchy Scalp, Try This Clarifying Mask
Salt, lemon juice and oil are a very good combination that you can use as a scrub for your scalp. It will promote hair growth and will scratch all the dry dandruff flakes from your hair without even drying out your scalp. Olive oil works well to condition the hair while lemon juice will dissolve all the residue from your scalp.
Here’s how to do it:
- Mix salt, olive oil and lemon juice together
- Dampen your hair and massage it into the scalp
- Continue for 3-5 minutes
- Rinse your hair with luke warm water and shampoo
2. Say Goodbye To Your Split Ends With This Moisturizing Mask
Try to increase the protein and healthy fat intake to make your hair healthier as well. It is recommended to avoid heat equipment as much as you can as it can leave your hair dehydrated and frizzy. To keep your hair safe from all that damage, use oil and yogurt mask once a week to maintain their hydration and health.
Here’s how to do it:
- Mix olive oil and yogurt together and make a paste
- Apply the paste to your hair and leave it for 30 minutes
- Wear a shower cap
- Rinse and wash your hair with shampoo
3. Dry Hair, Don’t Care! Here’s The Best Conditioning To Give A Try
Honey has super hydrating, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties and also, has healing powers as well. On the other hand coconut oil prevents the protein loss from hair. A hair mask combining both these ingredients can be your go to hack for shiny smooth and hydrated hair before your big day!
Here’s how to do it:
- Mix coconut oil and honey in a bowl and heat it in the microwave for 10 seconds
- Let it cool down for a while and massage it into your scalp with the help of your fingers
- Wash your hair well with the shampoo as this mask is going to be a little sticky
- Enjoy soft, silky and dryness free scalp
4. Boost Your Hair Growth Improve Thinning Hair
Green tea is said to have more antioxidants as compared to black tea. It is less processed and is an ideal ingredient for hair stimulation. Exactly like it benefits our metabolism and our skin, green tea is an amazing ingredient for hair as well.
Caffeine and catechins present in green tea helps the blood to flow and circulate well to the hair follicles that results in less inflammation and prevents sun damage to hair.
Massaging hair with a mixture of green tea and combination of oils reduces breakage and thinning of hair.
Here’s how to make a green tea hair mask:
- Mix an egg, 1 tablespoon coconut oil and 1 teaspoon matcha powder and make a smooth paste
- Part your hair and apply this mixture to the roots and over all your scalp
- Leave it for half an hour and shampoo
- Use this mask weekly to see results
5. Frizz, No More! Here’s A Repairing Mask For You
If your summer struggle is something like mine, it is time for you and me to pay more attention towards the frizz and get a hold of of this situation to make our hair look better.
Here’s what you should try:
- Take a banana and mash it well
- Make a smooth mixture and apply to your hair
- Wear shower cap to allow it to penetrate well
- Wait 20 minutes and wash away
Summers are harsh for our hair and skin. It gets difficult to stay safe from the sun burns and tans but at least we can try to make is better with these simple home remedies!. What are you waiting for then, go ahead and pamper your hair!!